Do we or don’t we, that was the question of the day. All morning we checked the weather and debated.
We have four different weather sites that we look at. It’s rare for them all to agree. In fact, today, they were constantly conflicting. How do you make a decision when you can’t find anything factual to depend upon?
The rain started this morning, the winds were strong and gusty, and the forecast for the next three days includes thunderstorms and rain amounts between 15-30 mm per day.
We had a choice – stay put for three days, and be stuck inside a small boat while the rain pours outside, or take a chance and head to the next anchorage, halfway to our final destination.
We were stuck inside for only a few hours today and I was stir-crazy. It was hot and humid and we had to have the hatches closed because of the rain. So when the time came to make a decision this afternoon, we opted for heading out.
As it turns out, the forecasted strong wind warning (winds 15-20 knots) was untrue.
The waves were minimal, and the winds were fairly gentle, dying right off by evening.
We’re anchored here tonight. In a calm cove.
Tomorrow we have about 15 nautical miles to our final destination. There are storms forecast overnight and there is a brief window of clearing between 5 am and 9 am, but will we manage to wake up and get going that early?
Who knows? Tomorrow is another day!